CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Friendship

"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies". - Aristotle

Perhaps the one relation that has survived the trials and tribulations of time and has still remained unconditional is friendship. A unique blend of affection, loyalty, love, respect, trust and loads of fun is perhaps what describes the true meaning of friendship between two individuals. Similar interests, mutual respect and strong attachment with each other are what friends share between each other. These are just the general traits of a friendship. To experience what is friendship, one must have true friends, who are indeed rare treasure.

It is weird to me how protective of our friends we get. I guess I need to set the scene for the past three years Stacey and I have been completely inseparable and considering the fact that she is Justin's ex-wife that is a feat! In the past two years since Olivia has been born she has been at my side through thick and thin 24/7 Olivia considers her another mom and my family has adopted her right into the family. When going through my break down she was the one to stay on top of me and make sure I pulled through it and actually still does. The reason I bring this up is because I realized yesterday that I have been a bad friend to someone close to me by a situation brought on by Stace. She was very mad at me that I spent anytime with Brent this past weekend, she took it very personal and it hurt her feelings very badly she told me that all the help and work she had invested in me and oly I was just throwing back in her face. I felt so sad that I could not share things about oly's weekend with her since she is who I confide in. I felt that she was judging me and choosing to hold my decisions to let Brent be involved in the raising of for lack of better words her child against me when she truly did not understand where my head and heart is (not romantic when I say that for those reading this who should not be)....So I spoke to another close friend about it and I said to her "thanks for not judging me" and she says "How can I dear, I have not walked in your shoes" OUCH!!! So I need to clear this up! I feared for this friends safety and in doing this I made judgments about her decision...I think you know who you are and I apologize for thinking I could possibly know what is best for you and your family better than you do! I love you and hope that you forgive me for being such a terrible friend!


"A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out."

0 comments: