CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fantasy...

I work with the sweetest girl named Janalee. We have similar personalities even though she is about 15 years older then me. We were talking about the recent events in my life. I was needing advice since she was an outsider to my situation and no one close to me could help me with out bias. She shared a personal story with me that I will not share with all of you but that helped clear up a lot of for lack of better words the fog that has filled my head lately. She reminded me that people are easily moved from reality to fantasy, we are brought up hearing stories of princesses, evil step mothers, handsome princes, and happily ever afters. I think that it is what we assume will happen to us. We grow up meet prince charming fall madly in love then marry and live happily ever after...as nice as that thought is....reality is you grow up meet joe at the bar get pregnant get left and eventually meet some one you can stand and settle with him. Who wouldn't want to live in fantasy land, there every thing works out and every one is happy! Recently I got caught up in fantasy and the happily ever after. It is nobodies fault it is just easy to fall into the what might have beens or the what can be, but reality is what is... and as much as we want it to be something else it will never be, it hurts but it is how it is and will continue to always be. I am glad I talked with her because she reminded me that my life is great! And I am un necessarily focusing emotion on something that I do not need to, and I am viewing this in the wrong way and i need to change my out look on this situation and make peace with it. And I have. I feel good and am ok with stepping back into reality. Thanks Janalee for having always the time and enough tissues to listen to me! :)

0 comments: