CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus?

Dec 2004 for some reason as I was addressing Christmas cards I decided hell maybe I will send my dad one. Mar 2004 I get a letter from him it was a whole three sentences maybe four you know the "you have grown up" nonsense, like of course I have grown up that is what kids do! Anyways he leaves his email address so I figure ok this must be awkward for him and I email him a couple days after I get his letter, I just gave a brief update on my life. He emails me back and gives me the randoms on his life...So that was pretty much it...I asked if he would like to get together at some point and he was not interested...

Useless trivia about him...
1. He was married when dating my mom (she was unaware)
2. Would not take my mom to a dance due to a hang nail.
3. I believe on marriage 3 he actually helped raise her child.
4. Owned his own business then became a trucker???
5. Has a son named Jared who also has a daughter named Haylee making him the grandfather of two Haylee's.
6. Gave up his rights to me to get out of paying a ton of back child support.

So my parents went out to breakfast the other day and low and behold who is seated next to them??? My good for nothing dad...My poor mom! Hell my poor dad!! She came over afterwords and she was so furious at him, and I figured it was because he was such a ass to her but she was upset that he was still the same ass he had always been and had the opportunity to be a part of my life and was disinterested...even though the money part was long over....

You know I will never ever understand how a man can walk away from his child, as a child I thought it must have been because I was a bad baby or was not cute, then the thinking matured to my mom and dad must really not have gotten along or he traveled too much. But after being through it twice now myself and knowing that I have beautiful daughters and I know that I did everything I could to make the relationships work I am back at square one...I feel my moms pain and I understand her pain, and that makes me sad to think that one day 20 years from now I will run into Justin somewhere and he will still bring out that sadness and anger just like it was yesterday! I love my mom and thank God that she stuck it out and chose to keep me even though she was left and alone, I also hope my girls feel the same way I do when they are older! But every night I pray that neither of them have to go through the pain of being pregnant and alone that they will meet good men who will help them.

I guess I will never fully understand how they can do it! Men are a mystery to me!

0 comments: